by Adrianne George, AWC Gothenburg, AWC Malmö, AWC Stockholm
Welcome to the 6th (and last!) installment of valuable resources for you to use at home with your children. NEW THIS WEEK we look at life skills for our pandemic world that focus on well being. Looking to REALLY get away? Try out the Bonus Field Trips: Special terrestrial and extraterrestrial experiences!
According to Positive Psychology, research confirms that for children, mindfulness can:
- Mitigate the effects of bullying (Zhou, Liu, Niu, Sun, & Fan, 2016);
- Enhance focus in children with ADHD (Zhang et al., 2016);
- Reduce attention problems (Crescentini, Capurso, Furlan, & Fabbro, 2016);
- Improve mental health and well-being;
- Improve social skills when well taught and practiced with children and adolescents.
Mindfulness Videos for Kids
- Be the Pond | Cosmic Kids Zen Den ‒ Mindfulness for kids
- Mindfulness Meditation for Kids | BREATHING EXERCISE | Guided Meditation for Children
- Mindfulness Meditation for Kids ‒ 5 Minutes Guided Meditation for Children
- Guided Meditation for Children | Your Secret Treehouse | Relaxation for Kids
- 5 Mindfulness Exercises for Kids 🌟😊
Mindfulness Videos for Adults
- Mindfulness for Women
- Mindfulness Meditation for Women ‒ Overcome Depression ‒ Improve Self Esteem
- Mindfulness for Men
- All it takes is 10 mindful minutes | Andy Puddicombe
- Mindfulness for Couples ‒ Guided Meditation for You and Your Partner ‒ Reuben UK
Free Mindfulness Resources as a Response to COVID-19
The outbreak of coronavirus has led to significant changes for many of us across the world. We are having to adapt to challenging circumstances in terms of our work, home life, or financial situation while making sense of moving most of our interactions with others into the online world. Click HERE to access these resources. There are more mindfulness downloads to use in our post-pandemic world HERE.
Kristin Fischer says that with these skills, children can learn to use yoga when they want to calm down and be strong. Remind them to breathe, using only their nose. Inhale and exhale. Feel calm in each pose. She presents 5 Kid-Friendly Animal Poses to Introduce Children to Yoga.
Yoga Games Compendium is a free 15 page PDF download with 24 Yoga games to play with children.
58 Fun and Easy Yoga Poses for Kids (Printable Posters). The Kids Yoga Stories’ characters, Sophia, Luke, Elizabeth, Baraka, Pablo, and Anamika, demonstrate the kids yoga poses, followed by the yoga pose name, possible keywords, and descriptions.
Yoga for Kids: Videos
- Yoga For Kids with Alissa Kepas
- Yoga Time! | On the Farm ‒ Kids Yoga and Nursery Rhymes
- Yoga For Kids | Play In The Park | Yoga With Adriene
- Children’s Yoga Class with Ally Ford
- The Sun Dance Kids Yoga/Music Video by Bari Koral Family Rock Band
Yoga for Adults: Videos
- 30 min Yoga for Women ‒ Grace, Intuition & Sensuality
- Morning Yoga for Women
- Yoga for Men | Episode 1
- 10 Min Yoga for Men Beginner Routine – Easy Men’s Yoga Workout ‒ Best Yoga Workout for Dudes
- Partner Yoga FULL CLASS: 50 minutes to build trust, intimacy, and connection
BONUS Virtual Field Trips: Special Terrestrial and Extraterrestrial Experiences
- Mars – Explore the surface of Mars in a 360-degree view while learning about the planet and space exploration.
- Mount Everest – Explore the mountain through 360-degree photos and informative articles.
- Virtual Rainforest – Learn about the rainforest with this interactive tour that includes informative videos and articles.
- Son Doong Cave – Explore the world’s largest cave with 360-degree images.
- Virtual Trip to the Sun – Take a video-based journey from the Earth from the Sun, stopping at our moon, Venus, and Mercury.
- Yosemite National Park – Tour the park with interactive panoramic photographs.
**All photos credited to Unsplash